Missouri State Census
The Territory of Missouri took censuses in 1814, 1817, and 1819. The State of Missouri took censuses in 1821, 1824, every four years through 1868 and in 1876, the last year. Most of these Territorial and State Censuses no longer exist. Listed below are copies currently available.
At the State Historical Society of Missouri:
- 1817 - St. Charles Territorial Censuses (transcription)
- 1819 - St. Charles Territorial Censuses (transcription)
- 1840 - Rives County (transcription)
- 1844 - Callaway County (microfilm), Marion County (transcription)
- 1852 - St. Charles County (transcription)
- 1864 - Gasconade County (transcription)
- 1868 - Cape Girardeau, Ste. Genevieve, and Webster counties (all microfilm)
- 1876 - Benton, Callaway, Cape Girardeau, Christian, Greene, Holt, Howard, McDonald, Montgomery, Osage, Phelps, Reynolds, St. Francois counties (all microfilm) Butler, Iron and Texas counties (transcriptions).
At the Missouri State Archives:
- 1840 - New Madrid, Newton, Pike, Randolph, Ray, Rives (later Henry), Shelby, Stoddard and Warren counties (all transcriptions)
- 1844 - Callaway County (microfilm); Greene County (transcription)
- 1868 - Cape Girardeau County (microfilm)